/i/ vs /ɪ/ in sentences

 

Sentence with /i/ and /ɪ/

Sentences with tense /i/

The following sentences have words with the tense /i/ sound:

Please leave the scene after you each eat.

There are heaps of eels swimming deep at the beach.

These pieces are cheap, so they leak.

The teen peeled a heap of peaches for her meal.

He was seen stealing a sheet.

 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 

But I have promises to keep, 

And miles to go before I sleep

 

Row, row, row, your boat Gently down the stream 

Merrilly, merrilly, merrilly, merrily Life is but a dream

Sentences with lax /ɪ/

The following sentences have the /ɪ/ sound:

Fill it with chips

A tick bit the kid, making him ill.

I am itching to lick the icicle.

I will fill the tin with pills.

The dill on the hill could fill a whole bin. 

Sentences with /i/ and /ɪ/

The following sentences have both sounds:

I grin when I find green beans in the sale bin.

(grin vs green, bin vs bean)

This chip is delicious and cheap. Eat it.

(chip vs cheap, it vs eat)

I need to sit in the seat, because my feet do not fit in these shoes.

(sit vs seat, fit vs feet)

We each had an itch to take a dip in the deep sea.

(itch  vs each, dip vs deep)


Comments